Past Reports

July 2018 Club Minutes


The July meeting of the ACARC was held at CFCC on Tuesday, July 17 2018. President Julian Bradberry called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm. People in attendance reported on recent ham radio activity.

Norman Clemmons gave the minutes of last months meeting. Anita Jacobs gave the treasures report. Nothing of importance went on at the battleship since last months museum ships weekend. Steve Wilder reported that VE testing will be August 11, 2018.

President Julian Bradberry thanked all who participated on field day. Under new business Larry Nutt suggested we have another tailgate party in the fall of this year. It will be held at the same location as the last one. Vice president Larry Nutt presented a program on digital communication modes. This would be advantageous during disaster events because it takes very little power. Everyone enjoyed the presentation by Larry. The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 pm.


Norman Clemmons

Secretary





June 2018 Club Minutes

The June meeting of the ACARC was held at CFCC on Tuesday, June 19, 2018. President Julian Bradberry called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm. Each person in attendance reported on recent ham radio activity.

Norman Clemmons read the minutes from last months meeting. Anita Jacobs gave the treasures report. Allan Pellnat reported on battleship activity. Museum ships weekend was a success. The event was a good opportunity for members to see places on the ship that are not open to the public. Steve Wilder had one general license on VE testing.

Under old business we are encouraged to send Jeff Bixby pictures of radio activity and any other items of interest. Under new business Anita Jacobs suggested we have another person to sign our checks in case she is not available. Norman Clemmons was voted to fill this position.

Field day is June 23 from 1200 to 8:00 pm. Larry Nutt will provide lunch at field day. Larry Nutt presented a program on disaster preparedness and the value of ham radio in emergency situations. Steve (KN4GVV) reported on the disaster in Puerto Rico while he was there. Ham radio was critical in this situation. The meeting was adjourned at 8:10.


Norman Clemmons

Secretary



May. 2018 Club Minutes


The May meeting of ACARC was held at CFCC on May 15. President Julian Bradbeery called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.

Anita Jacobs gave the treasures report. Under old business Julian Bradberry asked about field day. It will be held at the same place as last year which is Ogden park shelter #2. The club plans to start at noon and close up at 8:00 pm. The meal this year will be sandwiches from the Subway. The idea is to purchase 25 sandwiches and cut them in half. Also a box of chips from Costco. Anita Jacobs will handle getting the food. More info will be available at the June club meeting.

Members are reminded to send info to Jeff Bixby for the news letter. The next VE testing will be June 9,2018. There will also be a UHF contest on June 9. The date for museum ships weekend is June the 2nd and the 3rd. All members are encouraged the come to the ship to help out. The time is 9 to 5 both days.

Bill Morine gave a report on ARRL updates. The ARRL is 104 years old this year. It was started in 1914 and currently has 167,000 members. There are 15 divisions in ARRL. This is the 80th year of field day. It was started in 1933 but there was no field day during WW2. The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm.


Norman Clemmons

Secretary



Apr. 2018 Club Minutes


The April meeting of ACARC was held at CFCC on Tuesday April 17,2018. President Julian Bradberry called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm. Each person present gave a brief report on recent ham radio activity.

Norman Clemmons read the minutes from last months meeting. Anita Jacobs gave the treasures report. Allan Pellnat reported on Battleship activity. This time of the year a lot of school kids come to the ship and Allan presents radio demonstrations. Steve Wilder reported on VE testing last Saturday.

We have people at the meeting tonight who are going to take license tests after our meeting. We will not have a program tonight so Steve will have time to give tests. Under old business we are having a tailgate party this coming Saturday, April 21. It will be located at Ogden park, shelter number 2. All ham radio operators are welcome to come out to buy or sell items. Food and drinks will be served.

Under new business the club needs to decide on what interests we can come up with to encourage new members to join. The meeting was adjourned early in order for time to give tests.


Norman Clemmons

Secretary




Mar. 2018 Club Minutes


The monthly meeting of the ACARC was held on March 20 at CFCC. President Julian Bradbury called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm. Everyone present gave a brief report of recent ham radio activity.

Norman Clemmons read the minutes from Februarys meeting. Anita Jacobs gave the treasures report. Steve Wilder will be giving VE tests on April 14,2018. Allan Pellnat reported on battleship activity. The NCQSO party was a success with seven club members participating.

Under old business we are having a tailgate party on April 21 at Ogden Park. It will run from 9am until 1pm. The club will fund money and Larry Nutt will handle drinks for the event. Jack Jacobs will be in charge of building a magnetic loop antenna to be used on field day in June. Field day will be the last Saturday in June. Again Larry Nutt will provide drinks. The time will run from 12 noon to 8 pm.

Bill Morine reported on a meeting that was held this past January for ARRL. A lot of changes were discussed at this meeting. The Raleigh hamfest will be held on March 31. Vice President Larry Nutt presented a very interesting program on FT8. Several members were able to participate on the procedures accessing the program. Everyone was impressed with the presentation. There being no more business the meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm.


Norman Clemmons

Secretary


Feb. 2018 Club Minutes


The February meeting of the ACARC was held at CFCC on February 20 at 7:00 pm. President Julian Bradbury called the meeting to order at 7:00. Each person in attendance gave a brief account of recent ham radio activity.

Norman Clemmons read the minutes from January meeting. Jack Jacobs gave the treasures report. Linwood Todd reported on Battleship activity.

This coming Saturday, February 24 is the North Carolina QSO party. The club will be on the ship from 10:00 am until around 4:00 pm. All members are requested to come over and help out. Call the ship(NI4BK) on two meters (147.180) if you need help getting on. Someone will come to the ticket window to escort you down to Radio Central.

Larry Nutt has two meter radios for new members. Jack Jacobs and Norman Clemmons will check on reserving a location for field day this year.

A idea to have a tailgate party for ham operators was discussed. A date of April 21 was mentioned. Members were encouraged to come up with ideas to expand our club membership.

Steve Wilder reported on VE testing. We had seven people to get new license. Steve also gave a program on how to become a VE tester. The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm


Norman Clemmons

Secretary

Jan. 2018 Club Minutes


The January 2018 meeting of the ACARC was held on Tuesday, January 16 at CFCC. President Julian Bradberry (WD4FTR) called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm . We had 19 people present. Everyone present gave a brief report on recent radio activity.

There was no minutes from the December Christmas Party except all had a great time.. Anita Jacobs (KG4ILL) gave the treasures report with an annual financial report. Steve Wilder (AJ4JJ) reported that VE testing would be on Feb.20, which is one week later than normal due to most of the VE's going to the Orlando Hamfeast. Allan Pellnat (KX2H) reported on Battleship activity, which was Pearle Harbor Day and a hidden battleship tour.

Larry Nut(N4NXX) had the program on multiband G5RV and ZS6BKW antenna's and we had a discussion on stealth antenna's.

Larry also announced that he would make name tag's for anyone who would like one.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm

.